Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Sword, the Truth and the Cross

"Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword." (Matt 26:52)

While I served 20 years in the U.S. Navy, achieving the rank of Chief, I came to the realization that what I thought I was fighting for was a lie. I'm now convinced, more than ever, that IN THIS WORLD, under the rule of Lucifer, the father of lies, there are few, if any, legitimate reasons for war and violence.

The trail of facts I examined over a 3 year in-depth study of 9/11 lead me to a further and deeper examination of modern warfare since WW I. I am convinced that most of our wars were wars of aggression, power and profit...not for liberty, not for democracy and freedom, slavery or terrorism. Most of those reasons were manufactured "excuses" to produce public sympathy and support and ensure a steady stream of recruits ready to enlist into the cause.

I'm not a pacifist. But, I will never own a gun, except perhaps for hunting (should I ever move to the country). Would I ever use a gun in the defense of my family, if I had one? The logic and reason are there to use it in defense of the innocent, for certain. But, is that the Way Of Christ? I'm not certain of that.

Again...I'm not a pacifist. However, I am no longer enlisted in service to man or man's ideals. I am a soldier in the Lord's Service and we wait patiently for the day when we will be called alongside our Captain to rid the world, once and for all, of the REAL evil that has been permitted to rule this world for a time. In the meanwhile I fight the good fight here on earth, not with guns or other weapons of human warfare...but, with truth and love.

In the end, we all will stand before Christ at the Judgment Seat to give account for our lives and our decisions and the actions stemming from our beliefs.  It is vital that we be convinced in our own mind (Rom 14:5).  I my view, that means carefully and thoroughly examining the facts given us, by the media, by our government, and from other sources.  It means not allowing our patriotism or loyalties to a service to dissuade us or color those facts.  We must courageously follow the facts to their ultimate conclusion.  In my efforts to follow those facts, I came to the conclusion that powers far above and beyond our government and hidden behind multiple layers of "plausible deniability" were controlling our government, our media and our military, and I could no longer be a part of it.

As Romans 14:4 commands, I don't judge those who choose to enlist, or reenlist in military service. But, I do challenge them to examine their motives and carefully examine the facts about why we are at war.  I pray for them, for their protection and for their enlightenment and awakening to the truth.  In the end, it is my firm belief, that no one having examined the facts can believe in war...at least, not without suspension of belief.

I pray you will be courageous in your search for truth and follow it for the Lord's sake.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but do practice good manners. I'm not afraid of a good debate, but efforts to demean or degrade anyone or any other post or comment will not be tolerated. Stick to the issues and back up your position with verifiable facts. Understand that we can disagree without being disagreeable. Thanks and God bless.